Saturday, April 4, 2009

Success! ...sort of

Well today I went clothes shopping again, yes, in spite of my lousy experience last time. My unfailingly optimistic self was just sure that I would find something this time around. And yes, I did have some success--sort of. After five hours (not kidding, sadly) of searching and trying things on, I found a shirt that is cute, feminine, and modest, mostly. Of course, the neckline is too low and loose, but I think it should be pretty easy to fix--it's gathered with elastic in a casing, so all I have to do is open up the casing and take in the elastic a little bit. I was so happy to find something that would work, I bought two! I also found a tank top to go under things. So all in all, I had a fairly successful day (if you call finding three things in five hours a success).

Still searching for: a pair of sandals that I could walk a couple of miles in. Sadly, I am having trouble finding a good affordable and practical sandal that fits well.

Now clothes shopping was not actually part of the plan for today. I actually meant to finish up some of the trim work in the living room, and I was also hoping to go for a run (*ahem* meaning, a walk with brief jogging intervals). But now I only have an hour until the boys come back from their dad's, which is not enough time to do both, and besides I have to start getting ready for tomorrow (making sure church clothes are cleaned and ironed, planning meals, tidying the house, etc.)

OH I almost forgot! Yesterday I went to a performance of "St. Matthew's Passion" by Bach. What a treat! Actually it was a dress rehearsal, not the actual performance, but a delight none the less. I've never heard this piece before, but a few parts were quite familiar; for instance, I was delighted to hear the melody to one of my favorite hymns, "Oh Sacred Head, Now Wounded." I enjoyed myself quite thoroughly, even though the pews in that church were very hard and uncomfortable, and the rehearsal wasn't over till 11:30 p.m.!

All right, I'm heading to the park to go for a run (err, walk).

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon, you don't have to answer this here - but you could email me :-), but just interested, what do you wear when you go jogging?

    Henrietta, whose doctor has told her to take up jogging. 3 miles a day, no less. Hysterical laughter, I can hardly walk 3 miles a day or run 300yards for a bus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Henrietta, wow! That's a pretty aggressive exercise plan! I'm young and fairly fit (at least I'd like to think so) and yet I think it would take me a while to work up to jogging three miles a day.

    What I wear now to run isn't as modest as it could be--long shorts. I wish I could afford something like this "exerskirt":

    http://miraclothes.com/exerskirt.aspx

    This seems to be the only long skirt designed for exercise that I can find anywhere online. Sadly I can't afford it but it looks as though it would be comfortable enough for even the most ambitious exercise plan in the hottest of weather!

    I do owe you an e-mail! I'll get caught up one of these days!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments will be permitted so long as you identify yourself in some way. Thanks!