Thursday, August 20, 2009

Baptism Revisited

Hello friends,

Recently realized that I never updated y'all about my investigation into the topic of baptism (see previous post).

I am now a paedobaptist. :) The key was a pamphlet entitled "Covenant Baptism" by Peter Bloomfield, which I borrowed from a family at my church in Bloomington. My sticking point had been my understanding of the covenants, but Mr. Bloomfield explained the Covenant of Grace in such a way that I could finally understand the continuity between the Old and New Testaments. As I read this I felt the light bulbs going on! It was such a delight to have it all finally make sense, after days (weeks?) of reading and pondering.

Love to all,
Sharon

P.S. The booklet by Mr. Bloomfield is only three dollars, and I highly recommend it to all.  The first three pages are the best part.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments will be permitted so long as you identify yourself in some way. Thanks!