Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Where did October go?

It's nearly the end of the month.  What happened to October?  I just looked at the date of my last post and realized that it's been almost two weeks.  And I haven't written a post of substance since the beginning of the month. 

I guess there are a few reasons I haven't posted much.  For one thing, comment reading/writing/re-writing/moderating has kept me busy.  The couple of posts that I have written have gone into my already-full "drafts" folder to be mulled over for a while.  And last but not least, I've been busy making things.

I made this
 and this
 and this
 and these.
 This one I sold in my Etsy shop to some guy in Finland.

I work exclusively with recycled materials.  The above items were made with yarn unraveled from old sweaters (great way to get quality yarns dirt cheap, by the way).  I have a blog about crafting with recycled materials, actually, but I haven't posted much yet; and besides, I haven't made up my mind whether I will keep it on Wordpress, or go back to Blogger where it was originally.  Once I make up my mind, I will add the link to my "other blogs" page.

In other news, we will finally be having another psalm sing next weekend.  All being well, we will have a few more recordings to post. :)

Must run get little boys ready for tonight's prayer meeting!

4 comments:

  1. How absolutely beautiful! I haven't seen scarves that elegant or interesting in a long time. Such talent from the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the compliment, Rachel! We are missing you and your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....wwww.
    Did it take about an hour each for the coasters?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, Mom, they're made with a thicker cotton yarn, not crochet thread, so they were actually pretty quick to make, once I figured out how I wanted to do the pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments will be permitted so long as you identify yourself in some way. Thanks!