Monday, April 28, 2008

New Favorite Recipe

I have a new favorite recipe...Honey Baked Lentils. Here goes:

1 cup lentils (I use brown because red turn to mush)
2 cups water
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp ginger
1 clove garlic
1 small onion
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients. Bake in covered dish at 350 till tender (recipe says an hour and a half, but mine only took an hour--I might use more water next time).

Serve with either white or brown rice. YUMMY.

Update Feb 2013:
Optional variations:
Sometimes I add sliced carrots.
Sometimes I add chicken (I just lay it on top of the lentils before I put it into the oven).
Sometimes I cook it in the crockpot, on low for 6-7 hours.
Sometimes I cook lentils, chicken, carrots, and rice all together in the crockpot for a one-dish meal.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your recipe, Sharon! I hope to try it. It looks good, easy, and fairly inexpensive.

    We checked out your blog this week, and my girls loved all the "baby pics" especially of Noah and Elijah.

    We'll see you Sunday, Lord willing!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments will be permitted so long as you identify yourself in some way. Thanks!