Monday, June 6, 2011

Psalm 147

An acquaintance in Florida e-mailed me to say that he had listened to a sermon by Rev. R. Macleod from the FP website, and that at the end you could hear the congregation singing from Psalm 147.  Perhaps, he suggested, I might be able to split the singing from the sermon, and post it online.  I thought this was a good idea. 

My brother Jesh (who knows more than I about this sort of thing) says that this file was likely compressed, so the technical quality of the recording is not great; but the singing is good (on pitch, etc.) and it's nice to have a recording of Psalm 147, which is one of my favorites.

Psalm 147:3-7, Huddersfield

3 Those that are broken in their heart,
and grieved in their minds,
He healeth, and their painful wounds
he tenderly up-binds.

4 He counts the number of the stars;
he names them every one.
5 Great is our Lord, and of great pow'r;
his wisdom search can none.

6 The Lord lifts up the meek; and casts
the wicked to the ground.
7 Sing to the Lord, and give him thanks;
on harp his praises sound.


Our communion season starts Thursday, so this week will be busy and I must say "goodbye" until next week.  Rev. Goldby will be the assisting minister at communion, D.V.  He and my parents are quite well acquainted, as he works with my dad, and until just recently was stationed in Israel; but I haven't met him myself.  So I am looking forward to meeting him and hearing him preach.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments will be permitted so long as you identify yourself in some way. Thanks!