Saturday, November 1, 2008

He's all grown up! sort of

Today I find myself alone with Noah, as Elijah has gone to Chicago with his daddy to visit family. Tonight will be Elijah's first night away from his mama ever, except for the night I spent in the hospital after Noah was born. I just called to check in, and it appears he hasn't missed me in the least. :) I don't expect that he will, as I'm sure he's having a great time with his cousins.

Elijah is such a big boy now! As of his fourth birthday, he is now weaned. I'm happy that he got to nurse as long as he did. I know that extended nursing of children is unusual these days, though it was the norm for literally thousands of years prior to recent history. In case any moms or would-be moms or soon-to-be moms are reading this, who would like any further information about extended breastfeeding, here's an informative and helpful link:

kellymom.com Extended Breastfeeding Fact Sheet


Today started out as a "bad day" but after some attitude adjustments (Philippians 4:4-19 helped with that) I am doing much better. Now that I am done being negative, I am looking at Noah being his cute self and wondering how I could ever be so grouchy with him to keep me company. I feel very blessed to have the wonderful children that I do. Noah right now is singing to himself, "Da-da-da-DAAAAAA" accompanied by dramatic waving of hands. I think this means that he would like to hear Beethoven's Fifth, so I will go start the CD player.

Bye for now.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting blog post, esp. about Noah's interest in Beethoven's fifth and Elijah's visit to friends. I'm sure he's enjoying it. When will he come home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elijah was just gone for one night--a short trip, really. He greeted me with "I missed you, Mama. But I wanted to stay just a little bit longer." :)

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments will be permitted so long as you identify yourself in some way. Thanks!