Saturday, February 27, 2010

You ask, I deliver

I prefer wordy posts over picture posts, and if I visit a blog to find that the latest post consists only of pictures, I must confess that I feel a teeny bit disappointed. But I know that a lot of people are the other way around, disappointed when there aren't any pictures. Hence, last week's poll: should I post more pictures?

A few of you were so kind as to share your opinions with me by voting, and as I suspected, the majority would prefer more pictures. :) Well, I aim to please, so this afternoon when we headed downtown, I grabbed the camera (and even remembered to check if the batteries were charged.)

Our usual Saturday routine: meet at a park downtown, transfer boys and carseats to their dad, and then take off to run a few errands; a few hours later, pick up boys and head home. However, today, Mike was ill, so I sent him home. The boys and I stuck around for a while, and soaked up some sunshine. It was a nice day.

We went to the Williams Waterwall, in the Galleria area on the near west side. At one end of the park is the Williams Tower.

At the other end is this horseshoe-shaped wall with water cascading down over it. Sorry about the boys' goofy smiles; they tend to go all out when I say "cheese."

To one side of the waterwall. I think Noah looks so cute in this sweatshirt; I just want to pick him up and squeeze him.

Look carefully--there's a rainbow behind Elijah. This waterwall puts off a lot of mist, which was quite chilly today, but I bet it would feel great in hot weather.

I hope you all have a restful Sabbath and a great next week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments will be permitted so long as you identify yourself in some way. Thanks!