Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Trip to Galveston

Today the boys and I went to Galveston.  The weather was just perfect for a trip to the beach.  It was a little hot, but the breeze off the water made it just right; and the sky was half full of puffy white clouds, which kept us from being blinded or sunburnt.  It was lovely.

We parked on the seawall and spent a couple of hours on the beach below.  The boys played happily in the sand while I crocheted.  Here's Elijah stomping a spot flat to serve as a foundation.

Noah has been acting goofy when he sees the camera lately.  This is the best shot I got of him before the batteries in my camera died.  He's wearing our "ugly hat."  I bleached it, only it didn't bleach evenly.  But it works.

After a while we ate lunch in the car.  We had a nice view from the seawall.  We watched pelicans scooping fish out of the waves, and guys on surfboards, and a guy flying a kite.  After we finished our lunch, we drove back along Broadway.  I was delighted to see that the live oaks that were killed by Hurricane Ike are now being replanted. :)  I also, as usual, oohed and aahed over all the gorgeous old houses in Galveston. 

Then we headed to Alvin, where we had a nice visit with my sister and her lovely daughter Olivia.  Then we came home again.  The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments will be permitted so long as you identify yourself in some way. Thanks!